I wanted to highlight a few upcoming
opportunities with our organizational partners, Consortium of
Universities for Global Health (CUGH) and American Medical Student
Association (AMSA). We also have a scholarship deadline coming up on
November 5th, which your students may be interested in. Please
distribute on your listservs as you see fit.

1.  REFLECTIONS IN GLOBAL HEALTH ESSAY CONTEST-- Consortium of
Universities for Global Health (CUGH) is now accepting submissions for
its 4th Annual Trainee Reflection Essay Contest highlighting
reflection in global health education and practice. Trainees from
undergraduate/university level, graduate/professional level and
post-graduate levels are eligible to submit an essay. Submissions are
due on December 1st. Learn more at:
https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/cugh2016/awards/reflection.

2.  WINTER GLOBAL HEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS-- Child Family Health
International (CFHI) is currently accepting scholarship applications
for its Global Health Intensives this December and January! These
2-week programs are designed to build the Global Health exposure and
understanding of individuals with limited time to go abroad. Explore
topics such as Tropical Medicine, Community Health, Hospital Medicine
and HIV/AIDS. The scholarship award will cover over half the CFHI
program fee. Deadline to apply is November 5th. Learn more at:
https://www.cfhi.org/scholarships.

3.  FALL CONFERENCES FOR PREMED & MEDICAL STUDENTS-- American Medical
Student Association (AMSA) Fall Conferences are one-day summits for
premed and medical students looking to enhance their professional
development by engaging with leading experts, clinicians and
researchers. 2015 Fall Conferences will be held on November 14th in
NYC and on November 21st in Chicago. Register today and distinguish
yourself among your peers as a student leader in the social mission of
medicine! Learn more at: http://amsafallconference.org.

CFHI staff and alumni will be attending both AMSA conferences in
November. We encourage your students to connect with us by stopping by
our booth or joining our NYC workshop, "The Evolving Role of
Palliative Care: Ethical and humanistic considerations in modern
medicine," presented by CFHI Executive Director, Dr. Jessica Evert.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions about any of the above.

Best regards,
Lauren

Lauren Talamo

Outreach Manager

Child Family Health International: cfhi.org<http://www.cfhi.org/>

Phone: 415.957.9000 x6

Blog<http://globalhealthimmersionprograms.org/> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/cfhi> |  LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/child-family-health-international> | Facebook<http://facebook.cfhi.org/> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/user/CFHIGlobalHealth>

Get the CFHI Email Newsletter<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?m=1102643129820&p=oi>

CFHI is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the ECOSOC of the United Nations.