Mentoring in Medicine, Inc invites you to share with your networks three of our Fall NY programs.

PROGRAM #1-For College and Post-baccalaureate Students

Emergency Department Clinical Exposure and Mentoring Program at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, NY

Volunteer and shadow in a busy emergency department, attend workshops on study skills, communication and more, network with health professionals.

Deadline to apply:  Sunday, November 20, 2015

Rolling admissions!  Space is limited!

Application Link: ED CEMP

http://bit.ly/1P9Jntl

FAQs

1-Who is eligible for this program?

Low income, disadvantaged and minority college/post-baccalaureate students living in the NY, NJ and CT area.

2-Can I work and participate in the program?

Yes, we understand that most students are juggling many responsibilities.  We will work around your schedule.  However, you cannot be a Montefiore employee.

3-Will I get paid for the summer?

This program does not have a stipend.

4-Does this program only occur at Montefiore?

Yes

5- Is this program free?

Yes

Program #2-High School, College, Post-baccalaureate, Health Professional Students

2015 Community Health Ambassador Program

Participate in civic engagement with the Mentoring in Medicine Team.  Learn communication skills, address health disparity issues and network with health professionals.   Participate from anywhere!

Deadline to apply:  Sunday, November 20, 2015

Application Link:  CHAMP

http://bit.ly/1h6koNf

FAQs

1-Who is eligible to participate in this program?

High school, college, post-baccalaureate and health professional students are encouraged to apply.

2-Can I work and participate in the program?

Yes

3-Will I get paid for the summer?

This program does not have a stipend.

4-Where does this program occur?

The program is based in NY.  Seminars occur live in NYC and on-line.   Volunteer opportunities occur nationwide.

5- Is this program free?

Yes

Program #3- Post-baccalaureate, Health Professional Students

Medical Pathway Program

MPP is a holistic intensive boot camp that prepares premedical students for their journey to medical school. Since 2009, MPP has been helping students achieve their dream of attending medical school. We have had an 88% acceptance rate of students who apply to medical school.  Students receive the following:

Full Kaplan Course

Coaching by MIM Experts (Academic, Communications, Stress Management, Peak Performance) Volunteering/Shadowing Experience and much more!

Fee $1,000.00 (Limited scholarships are available)

Deadline to apply:  November 20, 2015

Application Link: http://bit.ly/1VbkTHJ

Eligibility Criteria
-Should be a member of an ethnic group historically underrepresented in
medicine
[i.e. African American (or African descent), Hispanic (Latino or Spanish
descent), Caribbean, Native American/American Indian descent (or
Hawaiian descent) or low income or socioeconomically disadvantaged.  All
are encouraged to apply!
-College or post-baccalaureate student or working towards applying to medical
school
- Must have a Science GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Completed the basic pre-medical pre-requisite courses including
first semester of Biochemistry
- Be able to attend Saturday classes (NY, NJ and CT area) or on-line if not in
the NY, NJ, CT region

Submit your application TODAY at http://bit.ly/1VbkTHJ by November 20.

You will notified of an interview invitation (in person or Skype).

Classes begin December 12, 2015 and end in early April 2016.

Please view the attached flyer.

Lynne Holden, MD

Associate Professor, Clinical Emergency Medicine

President, Mentoring in Medicine, Inc.

www.medicalmentor.org

**Mentoring in Medicine is a nonprofit organization that inspires, equips and empowers low income and socio-economically disadvantaged students to pursue careers in health and science through academic enrichment, leadership development, civic engagement and mentoring!**