FEBRUARY 20, 2016

On behalf of the Executive Council of the Northeast Latino Medical Student Association and the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth we would like to invite you to attend our 43rd Annual Regional Conference.  The conference will take place at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center on Saturday, February 20, 2016.  Our theme for the conference, “Fortaleciendo Raíces: Uniting efforts in the changing face of healthcare,” represents the desire of our organization to address the health of Latinos through partnerships with academic institutions, medical educators, government officials, and the community.

The purpose of our regional conference is to bring together more than 200 high school students, premedical students, medical students, graduating physicians, residents, and practicing physicians interested in serving the healthcare needs of the Hispanic community. To this end, the conference will include a series of workshops on the healthcare needs of the Latino community, student leadership training, and healthcare policy as well as several networking events.  Given the theme this year on collaboration in health care, our conference will especially focus on how to partner with each other, with medical and research institutions, and with the Latino community itself to address Latino health disparities.

Sincerely,
Adrianna Stanley, MSII
Fernando Vazquez, MSII
LMSA Conference Co-Coordinators
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth

Schedule Highlights

  • Exhibitor Fair
    • Residency Programs
    • Post-Baccalaureate Programs
    • Fellowship Opportunities
    • Medical School Admissions
  • Poster Session
    • Present your research
    • Cash prize for best poster
  • Cocktail Gala
    • Network with medical students, residents, and faculty physicians
  • Awards Ceremony
    • LMSA Chapter of the Year
    • Scholarship Awards

WORKSHOPS

  • Acing the Medical School Admissions Process
  • Residency Matching: The Next Step
  • Financing Medical School
  • Rural Medicine: A focus on Dartmouth's Migrant Health Program
  • Latinos as Leaders in Medicine
  • Delivering Healthcare in Underserved Populations
  • Ethnomedicine and Cultural Competency in practice
  • Strategies for USMLE Step I and II
  • Academic Medicine: The role of underrepresented minorities
  • Women in Medicine
  • Clinical and Surgical Skills Workshops

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Stay tuned for conference program as well as transportation and lodging suggestions!