FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle Plus

Obesity Action Alert

An E-newsletter Proudly Brought to You by the OAC

  January 2016

News from the OAC

OAC Welcomes Amber Huett-Garcia, BS, MPA, as New Board Chairwoman

The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) welcomes Amber Huett-Garcia, BS, MPA, as our new chairwoman of the OAC's National Board of Directors. As a longtime supporter and advocate for the OAC, Ms. Huett-Garcia has assisted greatly with the growth of our organization. Ms. Huett-Garcia is a six-year post-operation bariatric surgery patient who joined the OAC in 2009 after she read an infuriating news article about obesity. This article later inspired her to take action in support of the OAC’s mission...CLICK HERE to Continue Reading!

Have a Topic or Speaker You Want to See at YWM2016? Submit Your Nominations by January 8!

The Your Weight Matters National Convention is the premier National meeting dedicated to providing evidence-based strategies for individuals impacted by excess weight and obesity, proudly brought to you OAC. The 5th Annual National Convention is on its way, and we’re proud to announce that we’ve officially begun the planning process for this highly anticipated event!...CLICK HERE to Continue Reading!

Get Access to the Latest Education on the OAC's YouTube Channel

One of the highlights of the work the OAC does year-round is providing evidence-based education to the general public about obesity, obesity-related diseases, weight bias and stigma and many more topics that one may be curious about on the journey with weight. To continue providing the public with the latest research, tips and information, we’ve filmed each session from the 4th Annual Your Weight Matters National Convention...CLICK HERE to Continue Reading!

Thank You

Thank you for subscribing to the Obesity Action Alert, the OAC's FREE monthly e-newsletter. To learn more about the OAC or to join the Coalition as a member, please visit www.ObesityAction.org. Thank you, Obesity Action Coalition

alttext

Obesity Action Coalition (OAC)
4511 N Himes Ave, Suite 250
Tampa, FL 33614