PreventObesity.net released a new tool that can easily capture your stories of junk food marketing to kids. Maybe you pass a billboard on your way to dropping your kids at school, or you get something home in your kids backpack with a company logo, or maybe you notice the increased ads in your most at-risk communities. We all have stories but we want to hear yours.

Click here to share your story or upload a photo and help populate the map with examples from across the country.

Experts agree that children younger than eight don’t understand that advertising is designed to make them want to buy something. Parents see that the marketing intent behind coupons given as gifts or prizes by teachers or other trusted adults is difficult for even older children and adolescents to understand. We need you to tell us exactly how you see them doing it. And don’t worry about something formal. Your story doesn’t have to be fancy or long. Just let us know what you’re seeing out there.

Tell Us Your Stories!

The rate of overweight and obese children has tripled since 1980, at the same time food marketing to kids intensified.

But we can’t do it without you! Please help us fill out the Junk Food Marketing Map!

Together we can show junk food companies that we’re on to them and that we are united in support of our children.

Thanks,

Colin

Colin Schwartz

Senior Nutrition Policy Associate

Center for Science in the Public Interest

1220 L Street, NW, Suite 300

Washington, D.C. 20005

202-777-8387

www.cspinet.org/nutritionpolicy