We have for-credit and paid internship opportunities that I think would be a great fit for CUNY/Hunter Nutrition and Food Science students.

--------

Title: [for-credit or stipend] Internship with Smarter Food Labeling Platform

Hello!

We're Sage<http://www.sage.is>, a smarter food labeling platform with a mission of making food data more transparent, easier-to-understand, and personalized. Learn more about what we're doing:

http://techcrunch.com/2015/05/12/sage-is-on-a-mission-to-make-food-labels-smarter

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20150716/TECHNOLOGY/150719916/finally-an-app-that-labels-food-in-a-smart-meaningful-way

We're looking for 2 part-time interns for our NYC office, starting in early February. Internships can either be for school credit or for a modest stipend. We've done both of these in the past.

We are currently onboarding a massive amount of products onto our platform, and this requires research, data accuracy, and maintaining rigorous standards. Think of it like a Consumer Reports for food. We are looking for people with a strong background in food, and an eagerness to learn more about data, design, and new technology around food.

As an intern, you'll work with the President and Operations Team to work on the following:

  *   Research different food products - what's in them, what certifications do they have, where do they come from, etc., and how to most effectively express all of this information to the average consumer

  *   Research various standards and practices for the Sage food data platform

  *   Verify data accuracy and assist in our Quality Assurance process

  *   Help manage brand and product onboarding

If interested, please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with a few sentences about yourself along with a resume.

Thanks!

Sam Slover<https://itp.nyu.edu/itp/people/people.php?id=3514&> (President) & The Sage Team

--
Sam Slover