Volunteers,

As mentioned previously, you will have the chance to take the first step in volunteering in Disaster Services. Attached to this email are two word documents; they instruct you in creating an account with EMBARC, an online system implemented by the Red Cross for courses.

If you are interested, please follow the instructions to register and begin taking the overview course. Upon completion, reply with a screenshot that you completed the course, and the club will award you volunteer hours for the course.

We are also offering a Psychological First Aid course (in person) for those interested; the class is an introduction for caring for those that have been through traumatic situations. If enough volunteers are interested, I will coordinate with instructors at the chapter in offering the course at Hunter.

Shoot us an email if you have any questions!

Best,

Ryan A. Sankar

President of the American Red Cross at Hunter College

We are accepting volunteers throughout the academic year. Use the link that corresponds to you:

Prospective members above the age of 18 use this link:

https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=intake&entry_point_id=1260&unit_id=236&logout=1

Prospective members under the age of 18, use this link:

https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=intake&entry_point_id=4546&unit_id=236&logout=1

Choose ' The Greater New York Area" as your chapter.

If you find that you are under "Hunter College High School" Please email us and we will switch you to the correct group.

Once you have cleared your background check, which shouldn't take longer than a week,  You can begin volunteering to our American Red Cross Affiliated Events. An orientation should be completed during the registration process.

While you wait for the completion of your registration you may participate in an event the club is collaborating with.

Information on active events are posted on our Facebook page and sent bi-weekly by email:

https://www.facebook.com/The-American-Red-Cross-at-Hunter-College-426064877453250/timeline/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Instagram @redcrosshuntercollege

You are also welcome to email us at [log in to unmask] to inquire about volunteer opportunities currently ongoing.