[https://www.aamc.org/em/aamc/images/generic_blue_responsive.jpg]

We are pleased to announce the launch of the 2016 AAMC Fee Assistance Program. Along with this announcement, we also want to share some upcoming webinars that might be of interest to you and your advisees. All information regarding the Fee Assistance Program, including the 2016 application guide, eligibility criteria, and full benefits package, is available on the AAMC Student Hub<http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/78883445:7xATPbCJN:m:1:2692870743:CDD7B27CF941AD54CB6F466CC89C9087:r>.

The 2016 application opened January 12. As a reminder, awardees will be able to use their fee assistance award for up to two years. Benefits will expire on December 31, the year after they are awarded. For example:

  *   If an application is approved Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2016, benefits expire Dec. 31, 2017
  *   If an application is approved Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2017, benefits expire Dec. 31, 2018

Additionally, please remember that you can stay up-to-date throughout the year on upcoming events by reviewing the AAMC Pre-Med Calendar<http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/78883446:7xATPbCJN:m:1:2692870743:CDD7B27CF941AD54CB6F466CC89C9087:r>. These are two upcoming relevant webinars that we welcome you and your students to join:

  *   Financial Aid and Fee Assistance Program Webinar with the AAMC
     *   Tuesday, January 19 from 8:00-9:00pm Eastern
     *   Hosted by Student Doctor Network (SDN), featuring the AAMC, this webinar will cover information about the 2016 Fee Assistance Program application and paying for medical school with the help of AAMC FIRST.
     *   To register, go here<http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/78883447:7xATPbCJN:m:1:2692870743:CDD7B27CF941AD54CB6F466CC89C9087:r>
  *   Medical Student Webinar on Credit
     *   Wednesday, January 20 from 3:30-4:30pm Eastern
     *   Hosted by AAMC FIRST team, featuring the American Student Assistance (ASA), this webinar aims to get 2016 started off on the right track by getting a jump start on your finances. Topics covered include credit, credit cards, credit scores, and credit reports.
     *   To register, go here<http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/78883448:7xATPbCJN:m:1:2692870743:CDD7B27CF941AD54CB6F466CC89C9087:r>