Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our Assessment Breakfasts are back! Check out our Spring semester schedule below:
A PDF of our flyer is attached

Office of Assessment Spring 2016 Assessment Breakfasts

The Office of Assessment, in collaboration with ACERT, offers regular Assessment Breakfasts - interactive workshops led by the Director of Assessment - on Wednesday mornings throughout the semester. These workshops cover assessment concepts, tools, and techniques within a supportive, collaborative environment, and are open to faculty and staff across the College.

Assess anything you like with rubrics
February 24th, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM, East 1220

Need a way to assess the un-assessable? How about trying out a rubric? Learn the technique then work as a group to create and apply a custom rubric in a fun context. Make sure to bring any in-progress rubrics or assignments if you want to work on them. [Faculty and Staff, Intermediate Level]

Assess your program: Find out what your majors are really learning
March 9th, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM, East 1203

Faculty work hard to ensure students move through major curricula, gathering critical knowledge and skills along the way. But how do you know it all worked? How do you know your majors leave with all the good things you intended for them to have? Come learn how to design, implement and learn from program assessment to get better information about what your majors know and are able to do once they graduate. [Faculty-focused, Intermediate Level]

Refine your assignments to explore student writing
March, 23rd, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM, East 1203

Assignments are the tools of our trade, helping us explore what our students are getting from our classes. But when we meaure learning, are we using a microscope when we should be using a scale or thermometer? Come learn how to design assignments that best allow you to see what your students know. [Faculty-focused, Intermediate Level]

Learning outcomes mini boot camp
April 6th, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM, East 1203

Come join guest facilitator Bryan Dowling from Psychology as he leads this interactive workshop on creating and revising learning outcomes. Expect a high energy, collaborative set of activities to help you and your colleagues discover together what you really want students to be able to know and do. Bring comfortable shoes and a passion for peer-review!

Annual Assessment Day
April 20th, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, TBA

Join us for our second annual Assessment Day! Our 2015-2016 Assessment Fellows will discuss their use of assessment to innovate within their courses and programs. More information to follow.

Ask the students! Design a small-scale survey
May 4th, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM, East 1203

Surveys can be a great way to find out what students are thinking in order to improve teaching or services. But without careful preparation, you're likely to end up with a bunch of data that looks good but tells you squat! Come learn best practices for small-scale survey design; bring your own projects-in-process. [Faculty and staff, Intermediate Level]

We hope to see you this semester! As always, please remember to RSVP to [log in to unmask].

- The Office of Assessment

To unsubscribe from the ASSESS-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(ASSESS-L,SIGNOFF);