Obesity Action Alert

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle Plus

Obesity Action Alert

An E-newsletter Proudly Brought to You by the OAC

  March 2016

News from the OAC

Want to Take the First Step Toward Better Weight and Health? Take the OAC's Your Weight Matters Challenge on Our Newly Redesigned Web site!

Your Weight Matters — FOR YOUR HEALTH! At the OAC, we know talking to a healthcare professional about your weight is never easy. That's why we created the Your Weight Matters Challenge, a national initiative to help you understand your weight, its impact on your health and prepare you for the important conversation about your weight with your healthcare provider...CLICK HERE to Continue Reading!

OAC Visits PCORI to Speak About the Importance of People-First Language for Obesity

Bias and discrimination against people with obesity is well-documented, and happens more often than it should. To alleviate this issue, the OAC adopted a commitment to People-First language when discussing individuals affected by excess weight and obesity ...CLICK HERE to Continue Reading!

Learn About Weight Bias in the Healthcare Setting in the OAC's New Blog Series

We know weight bias exists, and at the OAC we're not only committed to putting an end to weight bias and stigmatization, but also to understanding why it happens so that we can better educate our readers and supporters. In our latest OAC blog series, we cover this very topic...CLICK HERE to Continue Reading!

Join the OAC Today!

Are you a member of the OAC? The Obesity Action Alert is provided as a free benefit to all of our OAC members and supporters, but if you want to stay tuned to all that the OAC is doing and support our work, the best way is to become a member! OAC members receive many benefits, including the members-only e-newsletter, OAC Members Make a Difference, alerts about our weight bias activities, a printed yearly subscription to Your Weight Matters Magazine and much more!...CLICK HERE to Continue Reading!

Thank You

Thank you for subscribing to the Obesity Action Alert, the OAC's FREE monthly e-newsletter. To learn more about the OAC or to join the Coalition as a member, please visit www.ObesityAction.org. Thank you, Obesity Action Coalition

alttext

Obesity Action Coalition (OAC)
4511 N Himes Ave, Suite 250
Tampa, FL 33614