I don't usually circulate industry-sponsored stuff, but this month's
newsletter from the Food Information Council contains some interesting (and some very funny) reads, e.g., did you know this is Caffeine Awareness Month?
-----------

View in browser

March 2016

Editor’s Note: “Marching” Toward Better Health

by Matt Raymond

What does March mean to you? Basketball “madness”? Weather resembling lions or lambs? Daylight Saving Time? The blooming of cherry blossoms and crocuses? For us, March is National Nutrition Month, a time when food and health take center stage.

3 Tips to “Savor the Flavor of Eating Right” This National Nutrition Month

by Liz Sanders, MPH, RD

Eating is a big part of our most joyful experiences. But when we look at food only through the lens of the nutrition it provides, we can easily take joy out of the equation. National Nutrition Month reminds us to take time to truly enjoy our meals.

Eight Spices from Around the World

by Kamilah Guiden

As Millennials look for new ways to eat, we realized that spices from around the world would be a hot food trend this year. From Ethiopia to Thailand, France to India, let’s savor a world of flavors.

Future of Food, Part II:
Serving Up Meat, Over Glass

by Megan Meyer, PhD

In the second article of our "Future of Food" series, we peer into the glass petri dish and examine in vitro, or “lab-grown," meat.

Tip o’ the Mornin’ to You: Don’t Feel Green on St. Patrick’s Day (or Any Day)

by Laura Kubitz

St. Patrick’s Day might have you seeing green. Green hats. Green food. Green beer. That’s all fine and dandy. But if you are feeling green, that’s a different story. It might be something you ate.

News Bites

Recent Blog Posts

March 15, 2016

March 14, 2016

March 10, 2016

March 9, 2016

March 8, 2016

Recent FACTS Posts

March 14, 2016

March 9, 2016

March 8, 2016

March 7, 2016

March 3, 2016

March 3, 2016

Around Town

ASN Scientific Sessions & Annual Meeting at Experimental Biology 2016

April 2 – 6, 2016, in San Diego: This year’s annual meeting of the American Society for Nutrition at Experimental Biology will be held April 2 – 6 in San Diego. You can register here.

Experimental Biology is an annual meeting comprising more than 14,000 scientists and exhibitors representing six sponsoring societies and multiple guest societies. It features plenary and award lectures, pre-meeting workshops, oral and posters sessions, on-site career services and exhibits of an array of equipment, supplies and publications required for research labs and experimental study.

JIFSAN 2016 Annual Symposium

April 4 – 5, 2016, in Greenbelt, Md.: The University of Maryland’s Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (JIFSAN) has opened registration for its 2016 Annual Symposium, “Communicating Food Risk in an Era of Social Media.” For more information and to register, click here.

Editor: Matt Raymond   •   Contributors to Food Insight include: Ruth Ayres; Andy Benson; Liz Caselli-Mechael; Silvia Dumitrescu; Stephanie Ferguson, CMP; Anthony Flood; Kami Guiden; Laura Kubitz; Geraldine McCann; Megan Meyer, PhD; Kimberly Reed; Sarah Romotsky, RD; Liz Sanders, MPH, RDN; Marianne Smith Edge, MS, RD, LD, FADA, FAND; Kris Sollid, RD; and Matt Tarka.

© 2016 International Food Information Council Foundation

This message was intended for: [log in to unmask]
You were added to the system February 2, 2015.
For more information click here.
Update your preferences | Unsubscribe