Happy Podcast Wednesday!

This week I had a great guest, Christine Crispen, former Dean of Admissions at UC Irvine. She is now at Keck School of Medicine.

We had a great discussion about the number one reason premeds don't get into medical school (hint - it's not your MCAT score or GPA).

We dug into what you need to do if you don't get into medical school. What steps do you need to take to improve your application? How do you figure out where you went wrong? We cover it!

Listen Here

AMSA Convention & Exposition - Premed Student Promotion

Register today at AMSAConvention.org! Use promo code MSHQ16 and save $60 on full registration. Offer expires March 13.

Become a more competitive med school applicant at the AMSA Convention & Exposition in Washington, DC, March 31–April 3!

Practice Admissions Interviews: Sign-up for a 20-minute consultation where you will participate in mock med school admissions interviews. Your session will be led by med school advisors, who will help you refine your message and strengthen your interview skills.

Expand Your Clinical Skills: It's never too early to start practicing essential clinical skills! Choose from: suturing, emergency medical response, manual vacuum aspiration, and case-based simulations. All designed to help you become a more competitive student.

Connect With Admissions Reps: Make important connections at the AMSA Pre-Health Fair. This is your opportunity to make a great first impression with med school and post-bac representatives, learn something valuable, and maybe find that perfect program!

Our Sponsor

We want to welcome Elite Medical Scribes to the team! In the podcast today, Christine talked about how lack of clinical experience is a big reason students don't get in. She specifically mentioned being a scribe as a great way to increase your clinical exposure.

Elite Medical Scribes help you find a scribe position in your area. They train you, and place you in a clinical setting that you're interested in.

Check out http://medicalschoolhq.net/ems for details on opportunities in your area!

Ryan