Hey everyone,

All hours have been updated to everyone's volunteer connections. There are a few of you that attended the February and/or March Meetings but are still not on volunteer connections. The links to register to volunteer connections are below. We will continue to look for you to award your hours up until the next Meeting, Friday, April 8th.

From 12:30-2pm
Hunter East 1203
Charlotte Frank room (E 1203)

This is a joint meeting with pre-health students interested in community service. Pre-health students will need to attend the event for 1 hour to receive attendance for the pre-health event.

We will not be actively recruiting volunteers to the club beyond April 8th until the end of June. This will allow current volunteers to rack up hours without the excessive demand for events and it allows us to determine who has not been active in the club.

This brief suspension of recruiting also allows Rubaya (will be Vice-President) and myself to fill the vacancies in the Executive board for the summer and 2016-2017 academic year.

We will have instructions as to how you may apply to the Secretary and Treasurer positions at our April 8th meeting.

If prospective members do manage to get hold of the links below, well, go ahead and register with us! Make sure you shoot us an email so we know to send you email updates!

We currently have 139 members and over 600 volunteer hours for the 2015-2016 Fall and Spring semester!

As a thank you for everyone who has committed to the Red Cross mission. I am allowing everyone who has volunteered and accumulated 15 hours or more between the Fall and Spring semesters and has attended at least 2 meetings to receive free CPR training and certification. Please attend the Meeting on April 8th.

I need to submit the request at least 2 weeks prior to class date to ensure sufficient time is allotted for processing and registration

At the meeting we will choose a date that works with everyone who qualifies. I think that sounds fair, don't you think?

Thank you everyone for volunteering, we've had a successful year!

Please bring your questions to the meeting!

Best,

Ryan A. Sankar

President of the American Red Cross at Hunter College

FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS NOT REGISTERED ON VOLUNTEER CONNECTIONS:

We are accepting volunteers throughout the academic year. Use the link that corresponds to you:

Prospective members above the age of 18 use this link:

https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=intake&entry_point_id=1260&unit_id=236&logout=1

Prospective members under the age of 18, use this link:

https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=intake&entry_point_id=4546&unit_id=236&logout=1

Choose "The Greater New York Area" as your chapter.

Once you have cleared your background check, which shouldn't take longer than a week,  You can begin volunteering to our American Red Cross Affiliated Events. An orientation should be completed during the registration process.

While you wait for the completion of your registration you may participate in an event the club is collaborating with.

We send all available events via email biweekly (or as they become available to us, so check your email!!). You may register for Red Cross specific events once your registration and background check for Volunteer Connections has been completed. Available Red Cross events for the month will be under the "Calendar" of your Home page on Volunteer Connections.

Events are typically led by an Officer, a Head Volunteer or other Red Cross Personnel.

Information on active events are posted on our Facebook page and sent bi-weekly by email:

https://www.facebook.com/The-American-Red-Cross-at-Hunter-College-426064877453250/timeline/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Instagram @redcrosshuntercollege

You are also welcome to email us at [log in to unmask] to inquire about volunteer opportunities currently ongoing.