April

                                    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View on Instagram Find us on Google+ Visit our blog View our profile on LinkedIn View our videos on YouTube Find us on Pinterest

Our Mission

We provide grant funding for people with eating disorders who cannot afford treatment, promote healthy body image and self esteem, and serve as a testimonial that full recovery from an eating disorder is possible.

"Recovery is possible. When people who suffer from an eating disorder are able to receive comprehensive treatment, they CAN regain a healthy relationship with food and live full and happy lives. Project HEAL knows this is true through the first- hand experience of its founders, supporters and volunteers, as well as through the testimonials and success stories of the organization's grant recipients."

Project HEAL's 8th Annual Gala

Tickets are on sale now, with price increases after May 15th!

.

On June 3, 2016, Project HEAL will be holding its 8th annual gala to further its mission to raise funds in order to provide financial aid grants for people with eating disorders who desperately want to recover but cannot afford treatment. This year's gala will take place at Diamond Horseshoe in New York City.

Our theme this year is "RedefinED" featuring Project HEAL's #whatmakesmebeautiful campaign. Launched in February 2016, and featured in Refinery 29Bustle, and PeopleProject HEAL continues to celebrate the idea that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, and that inner beauty is our biggest asset.

This elegant evening will feature a three hour open bar, passed hors d'oeuvres and desserts, a robust silent auction, the premier of Project HEAL's first public service announcement, and remarks by the organizations founders, treatment grant recipients, a celebrity honoree and an expert in the eating disorder field.

Blog Spotlight

Liana Films Recovery Film with Recovery Spark

Co-Founder of Project HEAL Liana Rosenman recently spent a day shooting a film on Eating Disorder recovery with our friends at Recovery Spark, an amazing organization that creates creative, high quality eating disorder recovery resources for individuals suffering from anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, or any struggles with eating.

Liana will be featured in Recovery's Sparks third RECOVER film! In this film, Liana shares her story of full recovery from her eating disorder and also the things in life she is excited about right now.

Read the full story on Recovery Spark's Blog on Liana's Recovery Film.

Grant Recipient Testimony

Crystal Campoverde

I am forever grateful for the family and support I have discovered in Project HEAL. They have literally given me a second chance to learn life skills. Through therapy, learning healthy coping skills, setting boundaries, having support through grief and acceptance, I am gradually building a solid foundation. My hope in sharing my story is to help others share their story. My therapist once said recovery is like open-heart surgery. It is messy and raw and may make you feel exposed but its only after you have gone through it that your able to create a new life. Be brave. You DO NOT have to suffer in the darkness. There is enough light in the universe to help you in the process of healing and becoming. Your footsteps will get lighter; you will love again in a whole new way once you learn to love yourself. You can learn to live with your head held high and lead life out of curiosity instead of fear. Trauma can leave scars but we are not judged by our trauma; we are truly judged by how we overcome our obstacles! Remember, YOU ARE THE SUN! Read More >

Thank you to Oliver-Pyatt Centers for providing treatment to Crystal as one of Project HEAL's treatment center partners.

Chapter Highlights

Project HEAL Southeast Michigan

Project HEAL- Southeast Michigan Chapter held a benefit concert, "Music HEALs" on March 9th. This successful event raised over $2,200 in funds for Project HEAL!

Project HEAL San Jose

Project Heal- San Jose held their third annual, "Rock Out For Recovery" benefit concert on March 12th. This successful event raised over $3,800 in funds for Project HEAL!

Project HEAL Miami

Project HEAL Miami held the "Life Is Short. Eat Dessert First" gala on March 25th. This successful event raised over $5,700 in funds for Project HEAL!

Upcoming Events

Project HEAL SUNY New Paltz

On Thursday, April 14th Come as the Star you Are, to Project HEAL SUNY New Paltz Chapter's first annual Gala: HEALing Under the Stars! There will be food and an open bar provided! There will be a DJ, dancing, and raffles. And of course, a purple carpet. Show your support by purchasing tickets and/or making a donation.

Project HEAL Southeast Pennsylvania

Join Project HEAL's Southeast PA Chapter for their first annual gala hosted West Chester University on Saturday, April 16, 2016 from 6:00pm-10:00pm. Enjoy desserts from Dia Dolce. Food and drinks. Photo booth. Guest Speaker: Laura DiNunzio. Raffles including Wawa gift cards and Seva Power Yoga. Music. And fun!  Show your support by purchasing tickets and/or making a donation.

New Store Merchandise!

"Not Photoshopped" Long-Sleeved Shirt: $28

We've added a new item to the Project HEAL store! When you shop the Project HEAL store, not only are you showing your HEAL pride, you are directly supporting those affected by eating disorders.

STAY CONNECTED

Like us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter    View on Instagram    Find us on Google+    Visit our blog    LinkedIn    View our videos on YouTube    Pinterest

Project HEAL, www.theprojectheal.org, [log in to unmask], 38-18 West Drive, Douglaston, NY 11363

Sent by [log in to unmask] in collaboration with