We are looking for volunteers to join our community outreach volunteers and mental health personnel and distribute information about the services that our Restoring Family Links Program offers.

Dates:

Wednesday, April 20th

Thursday, April 21st

The Greater New York Region has two large Ecuadorian communities: Jackson Heights/Corona in Queens and Patchogue-Medford in Suffolk County.

If you are available, please email Alex Lutz at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

On April 16, a powerful 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck the northwest coast of Ecuador. The earthquake resulted in more than 300 deaths and injured more than 2,600 people. These numbers are expected to climb as response operations continue. The American Red Cross in cooperation with the Ecuadorian and Colombian Red Cross has activated its Restoring Family Links (RFL) services to assist local residents whose family may be affected by the earthquake. To learn more about what the Red Cross is doing in Ecuador visit http://bit.ly/1W9p8BL

This is a great opportunity to gain experience on the field and see the direct impact your efforts will have on families here and in Ecuador.

This program is useful to those who are looking for information about their families in Ecuador. Contact Alex or myself with any questions you have

Best,

Ryan A. Sankar

President of the American Red Cross at Hunter College