Gentle Readers--

Please scroll to the bottom of this newsletter for instructions
on subscribing to NYC Food Policy Watch.

The weather is world-class today, so have a nice day!!
/AS

P.S.
My NEW email address is  <[log in to unmask]>

-----------
Arlene Spark, EdD, RD, FADA, FACN
Professor and MPH & DPH Nutrition Advisor
CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy

Hunter College
NYC Food Policy Watch
May  2016
The Advocate:
Interview with Chef Dan Barber

Dan Barber is the award-winning chef of Blue Hill, a restaurant in Manhattan's West Village, and Blue Hill at Stone Barns, located within the nonprofit farm and education center Stone Barns Center for Food & Agriculture in upstate New York. Chef Barber, the author of The Third Plate (Penguin Press, 2014) is an innovative and recognized leader in food and agriculture policy. I had the opportunity to do an email interview with him and learn more about some of his thoughts and philosophy on food, farm-to-table restaurants, and being a chef..

Food Policy Snapshot
Tel Aviv: Green Label for Restaurants, Bars and Cafes
Photo Credit_ StateofIsrael

The city of Tel Aviv, in partnership with the Ministry of Environmental Protection and the Standards Institute of Israel, has created a "Green Label for Restaurants, Bars and Cafes." The "Green Label" is issued to restaurants, bars and cafes that adopt an environmentally friendly code of conduct and food waste regulations. The Green Label program facilitates the "greening" of interested businesses through training resources and capacities.

Food System Movement
21 New York Organizations Working
to Transform the Food System
The Youth Farm

The UN Food and Agriculture Organization the role that food systems play in human and environmental health. By working to change the current food system and shifting the way food is produced, procured, stored, transported, and distributed, organizations can improve nutrition and contribute to environmental sustainability.

Food Policy for Breakfast Seminar Series
Nutrition Incentives:
Michel Nischan, Wholesome Wave

Food Policy for Breakfast Seminar Series

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Panelists

Michel Nischan , Founder, Wholesome Wave

Barbara J. Turk,  Director of Food Policy, Mayor's Office

Gary Glowaczeski, Farmer

Seminar will be held:
Hunter College
Silberman Building
2180 Third AvenueAuditorium
New York, NY 10035
8:45am - 10:15am

1.5 CPE Credits (Level 2) have been granted
from the Commission on Dietetic Registration

Hot Coffee and a "Real" Healthy Breakfast Will Be Served Starting at 8:30am

Make Sure To RSVP Soon - Seating is Limited - Event is Free
RSVP

The Latest Food Policy News

Food Policy Journal Watch

New York City Food Policy Watch is the monthly e-newsletter of the New York City Food Policy Center at Hunter College. We keep an eye on food policy in New York City and on urban food policy around the nation and the world. We also provide updates on our own policy analyses and research activities and on the food policy activities of City University of New York faculty, students and staff.
To subscribe to our newsletter click here >>>

 Like us on FacebookFollow us on Twitter

NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College, 2180 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10035
Sent by [log in to unmask] in collaboration with
Constant Contact