The New York Academy of Medicine <[log in to unmask]>
Sent
The New York Academy of Medicine

Logo_padding.jpg   0428-Library-header.jpg

DATE & TIME

Wednesdays
June 22, 2016 -
July 27, 2016

3:00 PM - 4:30 PM

REGISTRATION

$120 for Fellows, Members, Friends, students, and seniors; $180 for general admission.

Regsiterbutton.jpg

VENUE

The New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10029

Summer Reading Group: Health and Social Justice

Join us this summer for our reading and discussion group delving into Health and Social Justice.

How have health, illness, and disability—innately such personal and private matters—become politicized and complex public issues? And since these issues have entered the public arena, what can we learn from the loudest voices out there—and which voices aren’t being heard? The stories of illness, disability and different bodies are often characterized by isolation and marginalization. How are embodied experiences inherently issues of social justice?

Facilitated by Annie Robinson, a narrative medicine coach, over the course of six sessions starting Wednesday, June 22 from 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM, participants will explore these questions through both fiction and non-fiction readings, group discussions, and reflective writing exercises.

Please find more details and event registration here.

As a private, independent philanthropic organization, the Academy relies on the generosity of individuals like you to further our mission. Please consider making a donation to support our work.

Skyline-footer-2.jpg

MAKE A DONATION
Support the Academy's work to advance solutions for healthy cities and better lives.

Hosack_footer.jpg

NAME YOUR SEAT
Claim a seat in our historic Hosack Hall auditorium in your name or someone's honor.

Library_footer.jpg

DISCOVER THE PAST
Help us preserve our Library's treasures and build public programming.

The New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue | New York, NY 10029      212.822.7200     NYAM.org     STAY CONNECTED    facebook icon.jpg    Twitter icon.jpg    vimeo icon.jpg

About The Academy
The New York Academy of Medicine advances solutions that promote the health and well-being of people in cities worldwide.

Established in 1847, The New York Academy of Medicine continues to address the health challenges facing New York City and the world's rapidly growing urban populations. We accomplish this through our Institute for Urban Health, home of interdisciplinary research, evaluation, policy and program initiatives; our world class historical medical library and its public programming in history, the humanities and the arts; and our Fellows program, a network of more than 2,000 experts elected by their peers from across the professions affecting health. Our current priorities are healthy aging, disease prevention, and eliminating health disparities.

You signed up to receive emails from The New York Academy of Medicine. If [log in to unmask] is not your email address or you wish to change your email preferences.