From: Red Cross Hunter College [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Hey everyone,

1. Telemundo event

2. Grant ave event

3. Vacancies

4. Competitions

_________

1.

The American Red Cross Greater New York Region has been invited by the New Jersey Region to attend the the 2016 NBC4/Telemundo47 Health & Fitness Expo this year and are looking for spirited volunteers to help at our SAF, Preparedness and First Aid booths and out in the crowd, informing families about emergency preparedness, fire safety and our free mobile apps. We’ll also have a Service to Armed Forces table where visitors can write a note of thanks to soldiers and Health & Safety volunteers to share First Aid info with visitors.

We are also seeking Spanish speakers for each shift. When you RSVP, please indicate if you speak Spanish.

When:

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Sunday, May 15, 2016

There are two shifts during the day but volunteers are more than welcome to do as many shifts as they would like. It is recommended to work a shift and leave some time to check out all the happenings at the Expo.

Where:

MetLife Stadium
1 MetLife Stadium Drive
East Rutherford, NJ 07073

Slots will be very competitive for this great event so if you are interested, and can commit to a shift, please RSVP to Diane Concannon at [log in to unmask] with the day and shift you're available to volunteer.

Helpful Notes:

_________________

2.

Please note we will not be having as many events or meetings this month to account for finals. We will also be inactivating members for one of more of the following reasons:

1. not accumulated volunteer hours since the Fall 2015

2. not accumulated volunteer hours since their registration

3. registering and frequently flaking events

May 12th Grant Ave. Science Night-Family Workshop

When: Wed, May 12th, 4:30pm – 7:30pm

Where: Grant Avenue is located at 250 E 164th St, Bronx, NY 10456

Families and students engage in activities and discussions based on scientific themes. Volunteers help to manage stations desired to help students and their families learn more about everyday science.

We also have the psychological first aid courses available for May. Links to register to all events are in the google doc link below.

We've also noticed that many people not on volunteer connections register for events and account for a large sum of volunteer hours not accounted for.

Due high demand of our volunteer events and to be fair to those who have registered with us, Summer events will be closed to those that only on our volunteer tracking system

If you have not created a volunteer connections account, instructions to register are in the link below.

Google Docs: All Available Events and Volunteer Registration

______________

3.

We will be having vacancies for the Secretary and Treasurer positions in the club for the 2016-2017 academic year.

To apply to one of the positions, we ask that candidates have a minimum 30 hours by the last week of June.

And email your responses to these questions to the best of your ability:

1) Why is it important to volunteer in your community?

2) What attributes about yourself do you feel will help strengthen the club as Secretary/Treasurer?

***you may only apply to one of the positions***

To ensure a reliable relationship with the Chapter, we have decided you must serve as either Secretary, Treasurer or Publicity officer before becoming Vice-President and President.

Current officer positions for 2016-2017 will be:

President: Ryan

Vice-President: Rubaya

Publicity Officer: Ciela

Fahad, Kimberly and Juana will be our head volunteers for the summer. We are looking for a few more head volunteers for Queens, Brooklyn and one other for Staten Island. If you are interested in a head volunteer position let us know by May 12th.

Head Volunteer Positions are seasonal. Current Head Volunteers will serve until the end of the Summer. If you are interested in being a head volunteer for Fall semester, you may accumulate hours during the summer and express your interest in the position by the August Meeting

4.

We will have frequent blood drives throughout the summer two per month.

The goal is to collect 30 units per blood drive = 180 units total before the Fall semester begins.

I also entered us into a Missing Maps/Mapathon competition. We need 1000 hours of mapping as a club before the fall semester begins. Volunteers who contribute the most to the project will secure a spot for CPR Certification. We'll have more details at our next meeting in June.

***We will aim to have one mapathon per week

Best,

Ryan A. Sankar

President of the American Red Cross at Hunter College