In light of the long holiday weekend approaching, I thought I'd send out a few postings I had sent to me earlier this week.

Happy 4th of July!

Chief of Nutrition and Food Services, Stratton VA Medical Center
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1735021

**Relocation/Recruitment Incentive may be approved for highly qualified candidate.**

Please note that the application must be completed in full on line by the close date of 7/8/16.

OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise – "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?

The Stratton VA Medical Center, part of the VA Health Care Upstate New York, is located in the heart of Albany. Albany, the capital city of New York, the seat of Albany County, and the central city of New York's Capital District, is roughly 140 miles north of New York City and sits on the west bank of the Hudson River. Opened in 1951, our Medical Center serves 22 counties of Upstate New York, Western Massachusetts and Vermont. In 1990 this facility was named in honor of Samuel S. Stratton, U.S. Congressman for 30 years of the 23rd District, a staunch supporter of veterans and a frequent visitor to our hospital.

Patient Centered care is our approach to delivering healthcare to our Veterans. This philosophy gives patients and their families the chance to work closely with their healthcare providers to create more personalized care plans. Patient-centered care also considers the Veterans' personal preferences and values, family situations, cultural traditions, and lifestyles; it keeps them informed and engaged throughout their treatment. The Veteran and family members become key members of the healthcare team and are active participants in making healthcare decisions.

VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.

Current VA employees should apply under VIN 1735194.

Duties
The Supervisory Dietitian functions as the Chief of the Nutrition and Food Service (NFS) and is the Director of the Department. The Chief is responsible for the provision of high quality food production, service, and effective nutrition therapy to the Veteran population. The Chief has technical, professional, and administrative responsibility for planning, developing, organizing, staffing, implementing, and evaluating a functionally comprehensive Nutrition Program. The Chief supports the hospital mission and coordinates Departmental activities with other services in the Medical Center, ambulatory, clinics, and the local community. Duties of the position encompass the following areas:

Management/Administrative
Resource Management
Quality Improvement (QI)
Supervisory
Education/Staff Development
Research
Support
Professional Development.

Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Apply here

NORTHERN MANHATTAN REHABILITATION & NURSING CENTER

Seeking a Registered Dietitian to cover for maternity leave, working at least 3 days/ week from mid August to mid December

Must have experience in Long Term Care facility

Must have knowledge of SigmaCare, MDS 3.0, Care Plans, and Nutrition Assessments

Please email resume to: [log in to unmask]
Or contact Terrence Forde for more questions/ details
Office: 212-426-1284  ext 147

NYU Langone’s Perlmutter Cancer Center has ambulatory chemo infusion locations in Rego Park, Queens and New Hyde Park, Long Island requiring a Registered Dietitian to split his/her time across the two sites.

The RD will be responsible for providing MNT interventions to chemo infusion patients through screening, assessment, counseling, monitoring and follow up. In the setting of independent, out-patient offices, this position requires oncology background and chemo experience.  Qualified candidates will also demonstrate effective collaboration and communication with the interdisciplinary care teams.

If interested, please use the link below (or copy/paste into browser) and apply online through NYU’s HR portal.

http://careers.nyumc.org/jobs/descriptions/registered-dietitian-oncology-rego-park-and-new-hyde-park-location-new-york-new-york-job-6022162

Enjoy the rest of the week & best of luck on the job hunt.

--
Tiffany Newenhouse
Registered Dietitian