At VCOM, one of the challenges that we have heard from you about applying to medical school are the fees.  And, one of the challenges we have encountered is that while many of our applicants apply early, still, about 1/3 apply after October or don’t submit their secondary application right away.  That means by the time we interview some of them, sometimes they get on the waitlist if processing takes time or other documents don’t come in timely…

Therefore, our President has approved the following incentives:

1)    Applicants applying to one, two or three VCOM campuses only need to submit ONE secondary application to VCOM.   On our secondary, all applicants are given the opportunity to rank all three VCOM campuses.

2)    New this Year – If your students get their application in to AACOMAS by September 15 (always shoot for earlier), along with all required documents such as transcripts, we will then screen for the secondary and if the applicant completes the secondary application within three weeks of the invitation, we can reduce their secondary fee from $50 to $25.   (Note: the processing fee will remain $50 if they apply after September 15 or submit the secondary later than three weeks. Applicants will still be allowed to rank all 3 campuses).

In short, we hear you.  It costs a lot to apply and we can reduce secondary fee costs to help out.  And, we hope you can help us… get your applicants to apply to us EARLY.

Bill

William P. King, MBA

Vice President for Student Services

VCOM- Virginia, Carolinas, Auburn

540.231.5992

Shannon

Shannon C. Sampson, MPH

Director of Admissions, Virginia Campus

Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine

2265 Kraft Drive

Blacksburg, VA 24060

Office: 540-231-5909 | Fax: 540-231-5252