________________________________
From: Red Cross Hunter College [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2016 3:02 PM
Subject: Installation opportunity Hunter ARC

Hey everyone,

Home Fire Preparedness has been a huge hit amongst Hunter Red Cross. Installations involve installing fire alarms in lower income areas.

Our next Installation is next Saturday, July 23rd in lower manhattan, details below.
Respond to this email if you are interested in this event and you have registered for the event so I can compile an attendance sheet.

In order for you to attend this event you MUST register with us. We will have Disaster response managers at our next meeting at our next meeting who will speak about the program and give some of their experiences on site.

Next meeting is:

July 20th 1:30-3:00pm W1007

Registration information is here

Please also send us an email after you have registered so we can add you to our mailing list!

If prompted, choose ' The Greater New York Area" as your chapter.

Once you have cleared your background check, which shouldn't take more than a day,  You can begin volunteering to our American Red Cross Affiliated Events. An orientation should be completed during the registration process. If it has been over a week and you have not cleared the background or if you experience any issues with your registration, shoot us an email-- we’ll troubleshoot on our end!

→ If you do not have a social security number, no worries! You can still register!

Shoot us an email at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Ryan at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for assistance if you’d like some confidentiality!

There will always be a few events open to non-red cross members that you may participate in until your registration has been complete

All available events will be posted here, on this document and on facebook.com/HunterARC/<https://www.facebook.com/HunterARC/>  and sent bi-weekly by email (or as they become available to us, so check your email!!)

Events are typically led by an Officer, a Head Volunteer or other Red Cross Personnel.

Meetings are held once a month and may be a joint info-session with the Pre-health department. You must attend 2 of the 4 Fall Meetings! FAQs here→ Click on me for Frequently <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oP4yMQ7NPd2tztAcxa0RFxEqB_DDg6hBMlM2RIn2dzo/edit?usp=sharing>

We are aiming to send 30 volunteers to this installation!!

[cid:image001.png@01D1B809.28989600]

It can happen without warning. An unattended stove or a short in electrical wiring causes a fire, and within minutes a family is standing by the curb, watching everything they own burn. When the smokes alarm starts beeping you have 2 minutes to escape your home.
Join the American Red Cross for an upcoming Install Day
Help us reach our goal of 100,000 smoke alarms, and reduce fire fatalities in New York City.

[cid:image002.png@01D1B809.28989600]

Manhattan
July 23rd
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
[Click Here to sign up]<http://rdcrss.org/29M1kAX>

Deadline to sign up: Wednesday July 20th

[cid:image003.png@01D1B809.28989600]

--
Best,
Ryan A. Sankar