Gastrectomy Patient Seeking Personal Nutrition Support

A 50-year old male gastrectomy patient and his wife seeking a trained nutrition professional.

With only basic information from the hospital dietitians (low fat/low sugar diet, and frequent, small meals) we need someone to partner with us, and help the patient learn to eat without a stomach.

We need you to meet with him to make a meal-plan, write up a weekly shopping list, and take one or two weekly trips to Jersey City (one stop from the World Trade Center), to cook/pack weekly meals and snacks for the freezer, as well as staying in touch over the phone through the week to make sure he's on track.
We're guessing a total of 7 hrs per week, but may be more the first couple of weeks and less later, when he finds his feet.

Responsibilities:
*Research and identify potential foods tolerated by patient
*Plan, prepare, portion, label and store/freeze meals for the week at patient's home in Jersey City
*Practice excellent food safety
*Check in with patient over the phone or email, two to three times a week
*Maintain records of foods prepared and patient response to each food
*Maintain patient records of weight and symptoms

Qualifications:
*Working towards a B.S. or M.S. in nutrition, must have completed MNT course(s)
*Experienced cook
*Excellent empathy, interpersonal and counseling skills
*Organized
*Experience in a clinical nutrition setting desirable but not required
*CDN or RDN desirable but not required

Approximately 7hrs weekly, $25/hour plus Metrocard/Path travel

Contact: Vibe Normann Clausen <[log in to unmask]>

THIS IS TIME SENSITIVE. IF INTERESTED, DON'T HESITATE, CONTACT THE FAMILY ASAP!!

Margrethe Horlyck-Romanovsky, MPH
Doctoral Candidate, Public Health, CUNY Graduate Center/School of Public Health and Health Policy
Adjunct Lecturer, Brooklyn College