NYCNEN: Welcome to the 2016-2017 Year!

Definitely worth joining!  /as

Welcome to the 2016-2017 Year!

Dear Friends of NYCNEN:

I hope that you are all having a relaxing summer. As the fall approaches, the 2016-2017 NYCNEN Steering and Envisioning Committee has been planning a calendar of workshops and networking opportunities for the coming year that I believe supports our members in their work to improve the food and nutrition environment of NYC.

Here’s what’s planned for the 2016-2017 year:

September 21, 2016
Kickoff Event - 5:30pm-8:00pm. Free to members
This year, we will kick off the year with a fun evening program of short films, discussion & networking. Look for an email invitation soon!

November 18, 2016
Save the Food! From Kitchen to Congress
9:00am-12:00pm

January 27, 2017
Microbiome: Nourishing Your Gut
9:00am-12:00pm

March 3, 2017
Building Your Brand: Social Media and Beyond
9:00am-12:00pm

April 28, 2017
The Global Kitchen: Engaging Different Cultures
9:00am-12:00pm

If you are not already a NYCNEN member, I encourage you to join. NYCNEN membership includes admission to the above-mentioned events during the year as well as continuing professional education units for RDNs, access to the members-only section our website and to our listserv where job opportunities and other topics of interest are posted.

Yearly student membership rates will increase slightly this year and the fee to attend an individual meeting for non-members will increase from $5 to $10. However, NYCNEN has a great trial policy. If you attend one of our general meetings as an expired or non-member and pay the $10 meeting fee, you can apply the amount paid towards your membership as long as you join by the next NYCNEN meeting.

2016-2017 membership rates:

  • $25 new professional member
  • $20 renewing professional member
  • $15 student member (must present a valid student ID)

Thank you for supporting NYCNEN and I hope that you will join us again this year!

Lisa Zullig, MS, RDN, CSG, CDN

2016-2017 NYCNEN Chair

Want to hear about future NYCNEN events? Subscribe here.

Copyright ©2015 NYCNEN, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is: [log in to unmask]

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

This email was sent to [log in to unmask]
NYCNEN · Teachers College, Columbia University · 525 West 120th Street · New York, NY 10027 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp