Call for Speakers - Hazon Food Conference, Health and Nutrition Track

Hazon Food ConferenceDecember 28, 2016 - January 1, 2016

Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center

The Hazon Food Conference is the home of the Jewish food movement. It is the only place in the world where farmers and rabbis, nutritionists and chefs, vegans and omnivores come together to explore the dynamic interplay of food, Jewish tradition, and contemporary life. Our annual event brings together passionate people who are working for sustainable food systems on multiple levels – nationally and internationally, in their communities, and in their own lives. Participants at the conference enjoy a broad range of our popular hands-on workshops (e.g. pickling, cheese-making, etc.), cooking demonstrations, Jewish text studies, a shechita (kosher slaughtering), discussions on food policy, and more.

This year’s conference features four program tracks 1) Food Justice, 2) Jewish Learning, History and Culture, 3) Health and Nutrition and 4) DIY (Do-it-yourself).

We are seeking nutrition professionals to lead sessions in the Health and Nutrition track covering topics of general interest, such as mindful eating, cancer and nutrition, eating to support athletic performance, planning vegetarian and vegan diets, and more.

Please contact Jenny Furman at [log in to unmask] for more information.

--
Jennifer Furman, MS
Dietetic Intern/Research Assistant