​Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone who attended the Peer Health Exchange Information Session on August 31! I am emailing to remind you that applications are due this Friday, September 16.  The link to apply is: http://phecommunity.force.com/apply and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible!

For those of you who were unable to attend the information session, here is some information about Peer Health Exchange below:

Peer Health Exchange is a national non-profit organization that seeks to empower students with knowledge and skills to make healthy decisions.  We do this by teaching health workshops (sexual health, mental health, substance abuse) to high school students all around the city and we are entirely college-volunteer based. Currently, we are looking for more passionate and dedicated health educators for our program.

As a health educator, you will be responsible for two of these workshops and you will have the opportunity to teach and lead classroom discussions. This is a great opportunity to learn more about public health, enhance your public speaking skills, and gain valuable teaching experience.

The time commitment is approximately 3 hours a week: a 2-hour time slot on Fridays between the hours of 8:00AM and 3:00PM to commute to and teach a workshop at a local high school, as well as 2:00-3:00PM on Wednesdays to attend meetings where you will learn the skills you need to be an effective educator.

You can find more information at

http://www.peerhealthexchange.org

​.​

  Additionally, if you have any questions, please feel free to email

​.​

​  Thank you and hope to see you soon!

​All the best,

Erica​ Kwong

Leadership Council Member of Peer Health Exchange

--

Erica Kwong

Hunter College: Macaulay Honors '17

718-503-2932