Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is having a great start to the semester! I am emailing you to tell you about an organization that Krisha Mehta has introduced me to - Operation Smile.

Operation Smile is an international, medical, humanitarian organization that raises awareness for children with various facial deformities and provides them with free surgeries and medical care. Children with these facial deformities are unable to eat and breathe properly and are often subject to discrimination. The deformities can be fixed with surgery, but many parents in third world countries cannot afford these surgeries. Operation Smile  not only provides physicians, nurses, and medical volunteers, but also supplies for the physical and emotional well-being of these children.

This is where we come in - we need you to help us make puppets, cards, and coloring books! We will come together to make supplies a few times this semester so that we can send the children gifts by Christmas. This is a fantastic way to put your crafty skills to use, boost your resume, and provide impoverished children with gifts for the holiday season.

If you are interested, please fill out the survey below by Friday, September 16th, 5 PM.

> CLICK ME <

More information about Operation Smile can be found here. We hope that you will join us!

Warmly,

Rubaya Yeahia

Vice President of the American Red Cross at Hunter College