Dear Colleagues,

The first NYC Media Seminar of the season will take place next week on Wednesday, October 5.  Neil Gandal (University of Tel Aviv) will present “Online Exploration, Content Choice & Filter Bubbles: An Experiment.”  The paper is attached.  The full schedule with links to papers is available here and here

As always, the sessions begin at 10am with coffee, followed by a 90-minute presentation and discussion.

We have a new venue!  Starting this fall we will meet at Google, 76 Ninth Avenue between 15th and 16th Street.  Note the address, as Google occupies several buildings near Chelsea Market.  Enter on the east side of the avenue near 15th and stop at the security desk.  Please RSVP to Lisa at [log in to unmask] or to Miklos at [log in to unmask] to expedite check-in.

Seminars are held the first Wednesday of each month during the academic year.  The goal of the seminar is to link economists in the greater New York area working on media topics by providing a regular forum to connect with media research in economics, marketing and beyond.  The seminar is open to all researchers with access to New York City and draws speakers from across the US and abroad. The seminar is jointly organized by Lisa George at Hunter College and Miklos Sarvary at Columbia Business School and has been generously supported by the Columbia Media Program, the Associated Press and Google.

To stay informed about the series, register for the listserv by sending an email to [log in to unmask] with SUBSCRIBE MEDIANYC-L in the e-mail message body (and nothing else).

Miklos and I look forward to seeing you on October 5!

Lisa George, Hunter College

Miklos Sarvary, Columbia Business School

To unsubscribe from the MEDIANYC-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(MEDIANYC-L,SIGNOFF);