Dear Colleagues,

Good afternoon.  I am forwarding you information about our Dietetic Internship program at Georgia Southern and would appreciate it if you would share it with your DPD students interested in applying to internships.

Georgia Southern University, classified as a doctoral/research institution by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, is a member of the University System of Georgia. As the largest and most comprehensive research institution in southeast Georgia, the University is a residential campus of more than 20,500 students representing 48 states and 89 nations.

Founded in 1906, Georgia Southern lays claim to being the most beautiful campus in the state. Comprising more than 900 acres, the University grounds are an arboretum-like treasure featuring gently rolling lawns, scenic ponds and soaring pines. Located in Statesboro, a safe Main Street community of approximately 30,000 residents not far from Savannah and Hilton Head Island, Georgia Southern provides the benefits of a major university with the feeling of a smaller college.

The Dietetic Internship educates twenty interns each year in two concentrations – School Nutrition and Community Nutrition and maintains Candidate for Accreditation status with the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).

Within each of the dietetic internship concentrations we offer unique rotation experiences including local farms, a local bakery that is developing their own line of cricket flour, a state run hospital that provides quality care to mentally ill adults and individuals living with developmental disabilities, as well as the more traditional clinical and community rotations.  Our concentrations are community and school nutrition, however students with interests in any area of nutrition could benefit greatly from the diverse rotations provided by the Georgia Southern University Dietetic Internship.

I have attached our program brochure.  I appreciate you sharing this information and if you or any of your students have any questions please feel free to contact me or check out our website, http://chhs.georgiasouthern.edu/hk/graduate/dietetic-internship/.

Kind regards,

--
Eric Lutzenberger MS RDN LD
Interim Dietetic Internship Director