Please see below for a job opportunity.

Children’s Aid Society is looking for someone who has kitchen/chef experience, along with some office skills. This position also requires a Spanish speaker.

If interested, contact Alyson Abrami, MS, RD, Director, Food and Nutrition Programs at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> directly.

*****

Children’s Aid Society’s Go!Healthy Program is hiring!

We are seeking a full-time Go!Healthy Meals Manager, who is a Chef and experienced trainer, to lead a healthy meals program for children in early childhood, after-school and teen programs. The Go!Healthy Meals Manager will play a key role in menu development,  food procurement, training of food service staff and the overall meal service implementation across 18 sites and 24 programs (see job description, attached).

The Go!Healthy Meals program is an innovative foodservice program for children and is a key component  Go!Healthy – Children’s Aid’s obesity prevention and health promotion initiative. At Children’s Aid, we believe that the meals we serve children must be healthy, fresh, high quality and tasty. This is an opportunity not only to fill hungry bellies, but also to present children with diverse, deliciously prepared meals that create healthy habits for life. Each year, we prepare nearly 500,000 meals for children in our early childhood, after school and teen programs. Our meals are made from scratch and based on whole and fresh foods, especially fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. To implement this initiative, we created a set of original, healthy recipes that meet the USDA’s Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) regulations and NYC Department of Health Food Standards, and launched a training series for cooks that imparts the knowledge and skills they need to prepare healthy meals.

To apply, please visit: https://www.childrensaidsociety.org/employment/jobs and search “Go!Healthy Meals Manager”.  Please be sure to upload both a resume and a cover letter.

If you have any questions, please reach out to Alyson Abrami, MS, RD, Director, Food and Nutrition Programs at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

This email transmission, any attached documents and all subsequent replies to the initial email message may be confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or designee, you are hereby notified that any further review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution, or use of any of the information contained in or attached to the email(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email and attachments immediately. Thank you.