*[image: Inline image 1]*

*Food Photo Friday @ The NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College*

The New York City Food Policy Center at Hunter College's *FOOD PHOTO FRIDAY*
 project seeks to be a catalyst for food system change by increasing civic
participation and building capacity through a campaign celebrating food policy
and practice in New York City.

*Guidelines*

Photo must be related to NYC food policy and practice and fit into one of
following categories:

   - Food security/insecurity
   - Hunger
   - Food waste/food rescue
   - Food safety
   - Restaurants/Food Workers
   - Where we buy our food/How we eat our food
   - Cultural differences in food
   - Communities and people around food
   - Urban agriculture (including food/health tech)
   - Food equity/food justice
   - Community collaboration
   - Advocacy
   - Food as it relates to issues around food policy in NYC

*Examples of photos could include:*

   - Community gardens, farmers’ markets, nutrition and garden education,
   school food, solutions to diet-related illnesses, emergency food
distribution,
   and more.

*Photo requirements*

   - Photographs must be in digital format.
   - All digital files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or
   JPG format, and must be at least 1,000 x 1,000 pixels (highest resolution
   possible)
   - Photographs must have been taken within the last year
   - Photographs must be taken by the person submitting the photo
   - Please include a little story about how, when, where, why, and who
   took the photo

*Usage*

The Center will upload all photo submissions to its website in an
open-access format for use by food policy practitioners, with proper
attribution as feasible. By submitting your photo, all entrants grant the
NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College non-exclusive license to use,
publish, distribute, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, and
publicly display the photo for any Center purpose, including without
limitation display on the Center website.

*How to Enter*

We invite you to share your images of food policy and practice in New York
City.

Please send photos to [log in to unmask] with the subject title:
*Food Photo Friday*

*What you Win*

   - An NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College or a food T-shirt
   - The winning photo will be featured on our website, possibly used in
   our newsletter, and displayed at and or announced at our events