Hey everyone,

Thank you for attending the meeting on Friday, October 7th from 1:30 to 3:00PM. We continuously have turnouts surpassing the former meetings!

Just to recap, all available events for this month are available on our website:
https://americanredcrosshuntercollege.shutterfly.com/calendar
you can simply choose the event you are interested in, read the description throughly and register if you are able to participate.

1. If you are new:
Regardless of if the event is Red Cross specific or not, you must have a volunteer connections account.
For new members, use this link: Click me!<https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=intake&entry_point_id=1260&unit_id=236> To register.

Volunteer connections is the software we utilize for volunteer hour tracking.
General information and FAQs are here:
Hunter ARC information sheet<https://docs.google.com/document/d/18j1dqsegdIPWX79I64vqExI-7VGfYTB-qn0KLm0O7JI/edit?usp=sharing>

Please register with us ASAP as the background check portion of your registration may take up anywhere from 48 hours to 7 days to process. By using the registration link today to register, hopefully you will be cleared by Wednesday to attend the Major Home Fire Preparedness event on Saturday, October 15th from 9AM to 5PM (details in the calendar on our website + Volunteer connections)

We generally upload volunteer hours for you within 48 hours of an event, as it's more convenient for us to keep track of everyone. But, if you want to help us out, and you are currently on Volunteer connections, you may upload 1.5 hours for todays meeting name it 'October Meeting' -- we will cross check your entries with the attendance in the coming weeks (to allow background checks to process)

2. HFPC:
The next major installation is in the Bronx Saturday, October 15th from 9AM to 5PM, If you live near the Rally point, you may meet there directly (with Ciela and Kimberly), otherwise, we are coordinating with the FDNY in providing transportation to and from Hunter College and the Bronx Rally point.

This requires you to meet at Hunter no later than 7:45AM on Saturday October 15th;  we will then depart and arrive at the Bronx Rally point at 9AM. You will receive 10 hours for participating in this event.

I will be sending a list to Headquarters Monday night so that the FDNY can make the necessary accommodations for vehicles. So, please register if you are able to attend.

3. Missing Maps:
Tomorrow we will be holding a missing maps orientation at Hunter College. Members of the team will be on the 4th floor library from 11AM and run to 4PM. You may come and go as you please. Orientations are required prior to mapping at home. This is the only event which we provide where you can accumulate hours at home.

Note: Hours are capped at 250 items = 3 hours per session, However, this cap is not enforced at Orientations (you can map over 250 items and earn more than 3 hours)

4. To current members:
We are two months into the semester, we will be inactivating members if you do not participate in at least one event by Friday, October 21st.
Attending meetings alone does not count.

There are plenty of events available which are outside of the major events we are pushing. If you filled out a form for daily operations, expect an email a few days prior to the Daily Op you expressed your interest in.

By attending the orientation for missing maps tomorrow, you can submit screenshots (explained tomorrow) for hours to be submitted to your account.
Inactivating members allows us to cater to the committed volunteers and makes the logistics easier on our end.

5. CPR:
CPR courses are currently filled. If you expressed your interest for that we will follow up in the coming weeks.

Thank you for attending the meeting! We look forward to working with you all!

Our next meeting is: Friday, November 4th 1:30 to 3:00pm 1203E
If you have any inquiries please email us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

--
Best,
Ryan A. Sankar