Hey folks,

Just wanted to give a more formal update on what’s happening at this Marathon. I had originally formed the team as part of Mt Sinai. We recently got word that the Red Cross is officially taking part of this race— so, It make sense that HunterRedCross volunteers at the Race as part of the Red Cross team, not independent volunteers with Mt Sinai.

The option to continue as Mt Sinai volunteers, however, is still available to you— I just will not be able to award you Red Cross hours nor will you receive any perks Red Cross has to offer!

I am encouraging everyone on this spreadsheet, All 75 of you (my goal is 100!) to elect to choose a Red Cross training date— At the training, those who are interested may partake in CPR training (if you currently do not have CPR certification)

The dates to choose from are:

Friday - 10/21 - 1pm to 5:15pm (Check-in with Jeremy on site)

Saturday - 10/22 - 9am to 1:15pm (Check-in with Ryan on site)

Thursday - 10/27 - 6pm to 10:15pm (Check-in with HunterARC on site)

Too keep this as organized as possible, Please fill out the form below indicating what you intend on doing, either; attending independently, attending as part of the Red Cross, and if you are attending as part of the Red Cross, which of the three dates above will you attend training:

Click on me! Form link

and also ensure the information you put on this spreadsheet is up-to-date:

Click on me! Spreadsheet link

Please be committed to the date you choose for training. Any alterations will result in a snowflake (accumulation of 3 = inactivation)—

Any prospective volunteers who wish to attend this event will be placed on a waiting list until we update the current list with the information being asked above— so, if you know anyone on the list, help us get their responses!

Best,
Ryan A. Sankar
President of the American Red Cross at Hunter College
Service Chair of the Regional Campus Council for Youth Services