Good afternoon,

My name is Sharde Chambers and I am a Region IX Officer for the Student National Medical Association (SNMA) and a fourth year medical student at the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine.  It is truly a pleasure to write to you on behalf of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine Chapter of the SNMA. The SNMA is the nation's oldest and largest student organization focused on the needs of minority medical and premedical students. With a rich history of community service and educational opportunities, the SNMA continues to advocate for improved health care services and education to meet the needs of minority and underserved populations.

The Albert Einstein College of Medicine Chapter of Region IX would like to cordially invite you and your students to join us at our upcoming Regional Conference (RMEC), entitled “Embodying Black Excellence: Scholarship, Service, and Self Care.” The purpose of this conference is to provide you, our attendees, with the opportunity to network with other high schools, undergraduate students, medical students, residents, and physicians. This conference will be held on Sunday, November 20th, 2015 from 7:45 am - 4:30 pm at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, NY.

One of the goals of our conference is to provide our members with exposure to top-ranking programs committed to excellence and diversity in medicine. As such, one of the main events planned is the College, Medical School and Residency Program Fair. This portion of our program will feature many undergraduate and graduate institutions that are dedicated to answering your questions about how to best prepare for the road to medicine. This conference will be filled with numerous opportunities to network, gain great insight into the field of medicine through workshops, and even participate in clinical simulations. Physicians, medical students, and medical school officials will teach many workshops with topics such as: how to be a competitive medical school applicant, the new MCAT, osteopathic medicine, skill based activities, clinical research in minority communities, race based trauma and self-care, leadership, and thriving as a minority in medicine, to name a few.

If you are interested in attending this conference, please register via the Eventbrite link: Regional Medical Education Conference and complete the release forms provided. For students in need of financial assistance to attend and/or travel to RMEC, please contact us as soon as possible.

Warmest Regards,

Region IX Regional Conference Planning Committee

Antoinette Leonard-Jean Charles, Region IX Regional Director, [log in to unmask]

Elise Mike, Associate Regional Director, [log in to unmask]

Sharde Chambers, Associate Regional Director for MAPS, [log in to unmask]

Tonya Aaron, Chapter President, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, [log in to unmask]

Sharde Chambers
Minority Association of Premedical Students (MAPS) Liaison Associate Regional Director
Student National Medical Association (SNMA)
Region IX (New York and New Jersey)
Sharde Chambers, OMS-IV
Co-Founding Board Director of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action (IDEA) Council
Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine

"Building the Leaders of Tomorrow SNMA"