This email is a paid announcement being sent as a service to

The Ohio State University.

Please direct your inquiries to them.

Greetings:

I am writing to provide information about a unique program at Ohio State designed to encourage individuals seeking a PhD in the biomedical sciences, including individuals from populations that are underrepresented in the biomedical workforce. Discovery PREP accomplishes this mission by providing opportunities for recent baccalaureate degree graduates to obtain the intensive research experience needed to gain admission to, and succeed in, a biomedical PhD program. Specifically, Discovery PREP is a one year program funded by NIH that provides:

  • A paid research experience with a leader in Cancer Biology, Neuroscience, Microbiology, Bioinformatics, Immunology, or Physiology
  • Graduate Record Exam (GRE) preparation course
  • Individual mentoring
  • Assistance with application preparation
  • Orientation and social activities
  • Seminars and journal clubs
  • Career development workshops
  • Opportunities to travel and network with scientists throughout the nation

The biomedical research environment at Ohio State is an excellent location to attain the experiences and skills necessary for graduate school. Research within the Medical Center is openly discussed and highly collaborative with over 260 principal investigators performing research in the Biomedical Sciences. The facilities at Ohio State are state of the art and many core services are available to expand the expertise available to individual researchers. Collaborations between laboratories are highly encouraged and many research programs cross disciplines to involve multiple investigators across campus. This provides an exceptional environment for training for scientists and affords ample opportunities for networking.

Applications to Discovery PREP are due April 1, 2017. We will interview selected applicants and offer admission to the program on a rolling basis until all of the positions are filled. For more information on how to apply, please visit our web site. You can also view our brochure

If you have any questions or require additional information on our program, please contact us by e-mail or call 614-292-0857. Please feel free to distribute this information to your colleagues and students.

Sincerely,
Candice Askwith

Candice Askwith, PhD
Faculty Director
Discovery Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP)
College of Medicine, The Ohio State University
1178 Graves Hall, 333 W. 10th Ave. Columbus, OH  43210
614-292-0857 Office / 614-292-6226 Fax