Hey everyone,

I hope finals week treated you all well.
The Hunter ARC team will be meeting soon to plan ahead for events for January and throughout the upcoming semester as we transition with new leadership.

We are pushing for multiple Red Cross events throughout the month. If you are registered with us you should have received an email about our initiative for your participation of 4 Installation events for this month and January.

You are only allowed to participate in Red Cross events only if you are registered with us. If you are not registered with us, registration links will be provided at the next meeting. We limit access to the registration links to account for events to committed volunteers.

Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, January 11th from 3:00PM to 5:00PM in 1203E (Tentative)

We will follow up with the bulk of events via email to those on our Volunteer Connections system in the coming week. We have two events we are pushing to everyone. You will receive Red Cross Hours for this event under the condition you register on January 11th.

On Monday, January 23 at 10 PM, the NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS) will conduct its annual Homeless Outreach Population Estimate (HOPE), a HUD-mandated citywide community volunteer effort to count each homeless person living in public spaces across the five boroughs during the coldest time of the year.
We are calling on YOU, our fellow New Yorkers, to help us canvas parks, subways, and other public spaces to estimate the number of people who find themselves living on the street. We need thousands of volunteers to make the HOPE Count a success. Last year, a record of 3,800+ New Yorkers registered for the count; we are hoping to recruit as many or more this year.

We are looking for volunteers that are 18 years of age or older.

Our next blood drive is on Monday, January 9th from 1PM-6PM in the Hunter West Lobby. Each donation can save up to three lives!

Please see the attached Flyer! Hunter Red Cross volunteers who donate will receive one volunteer hour!

Happy Holiday!

Best,
Ryan A. Sankar
President of the American Red Cross at Hunter College
Service Chair of the Regional Campus Council for Youth Services