The laboratory of Dr. Rumi Chunara in Global Public Health and Engineering at NYU is seeking research assistants to help with the GoViral project (www.goviralstudy.com). GoViral is a novel disease surveillance initiative wherein we garner specimens from lay individuals when they are sick, and then combine the diagnostic data with other information such as from social media, to get a real-time picture of disease dynamics in the population.

There are many opportunities to get involved including managing logistics of the program, recruiting and communication with participants, social media and promotion of GoViral, data analysis including epidemiological, diagnostic and genomic data, and working with some global sites where we are planning to expand to. These opportunities are part- or full-time. Start date is immediate.

Reference letters for graduate and medical school, future jobs and publication opportunities are all possible outputs from the opportunity. Please send a resume to Dr. Rumi Chunara ([log in to unmask]) along with some examples of how you are detail-oriented a description of what kinds of things you'd be particularly interested in working on with the project in a cover letter. Deadline to apply is January 10, 2017.