Applications for the 2017 Gateways to the Laboratory Summer Program for Pre-MD-PhD students are now being accepted. This outstanding pre-MD-PhD summer program was recently featured in Academic Medicine along with its 20 year outcome study.

The Gateways to the Laboratory Program is for:

·         Freshman and sophomores (at time of application) only;

·         Underrepresented minority and/or disadvantaged backgrounds or have a disability;

·         US Citizens/Permanent Residents;

·         Students who wish to pursue the combined MD-PhD degrees after college.

The application deadline for this and most other summer programs is February 1.

Find out more about the Gateways to the Laboratory Program and its unique blended learning format by clicking here.

I would also like to share two podcasts “Tri-I Pod” (available on iTunes) we’ve put together related to the Gateways to the Laboratory Program. Episode 3 of the podcasts specifically talks about the unique mentoring program “Big Sibs” that we practice in Gateways. Episode 4 of the podcast discusses the unique journal club we offer and the incredible support system that guides it.

Ruth Gotian, M.S.

Administrative Director

Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan-Kettering

Tri-Institutional MD-PhD Program

An NIH sponsored MSTP

1300 York Avenue, Suite C-103

New York, NY  10065-4805

www.med.cornell.edu/mdphd

facebook for signaturetwitter for signaturelinkedin for signature

This information, transmitted from Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan-Kettering Tri-Institutional MD-PhD Program is intended only for the person or entity named above, and may contain legally confidential and/or privileged material.  Any forwarding, copying, disclosure, distribution, or other use of this information by any person is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, any review or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.  Thank You.