On Monday, January 23 at 10 PM - 4 AM, the NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS) will conduct its annual Homeless Outreach Population Estimate (HOPE), a HUD-mandated citywide community volunteer effort to count each homeless person living in public spaces across the five boroughs during the coldest time of the year.

We are calling on YOU, our fellow New Yorkers, to help us canvas parks, subways, and other public spaces to estimate the number of people who find themselves living on the street. We need thousands of volunteers to make the HOPE Count a success. Last year, a record of 3,800+ New Yorkers registered for the count; we are hoping to recruit as many or more this year.

We are looking for volunteers that are 18 years of age or older.

Complete registration via these two links:

https://goo.gl/forms/cIOoef0uMMQHfEUW2

http://nychope.cityofnewyork.us/events/hope-2017/event-summary-a24bc37184574437b7e4c0f20391ae01.aspx

Choose Hunter College as your training site!

You will receive Red Cross volunteer hours if you are registered with us! If you are not registered with us, please attend our next meeting on Friday, February 3rd from 3-5PM in 1203E. If you participate in this opportunity and register with us at our next meeting you will receive your hours!

Contact [log in to unmask] if you have any questions!

Best,

Ryan A. Sankar

President of the American Red Cross at Hunter College

Service Chair of the Regional Campus Council for Youth Service