From: Alison Conforti <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, February 13, 2017 at 6:06 PM
To: Khursheed Navder <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Just Food Conference

Hi Professor Navder,

We're really excited to announce some dynamic keynote speakers and what is shaping up to be a really awesome conference in March. We'd love for you to share the info below it with the Hunter network.

Thank you so much!

Alison

Subject: Just Food Conference Keynotes Announced! (New York, NY)

SUNDAY, MARCH 12th
MONDAY, MARCH 13th

DEVITA DAVISON
Interim Executive Director, FoodLab Detroit
Devita Davison combines her passion for culinary arts with activism and entrepreneurship at FoodLab Detroit, a nonprofit that works to provide entrepreneurs with the technical assistance, workshops, resources and the skills they need to start and grow a strong values-based food businesses. Join Devita on Sunday, March 12th for her Keynote Address on The Revolution Where You Live.

 LEARN MORE

DR. RICARDO SALVADOR
Food and Environment Program Director,
Union of Concerned Scientists
Ricardo Salvador works with citizens, scientists, economists, and politicians to transition our current food system into one that grows healthy foods while employing sustainable and socially equitable practices. Join Dr. Salvador on Monday, March 13th for his Keynote Address on The Future of Food Justice

PILOTING A NEW APPROACH...
We are also happy to announce that we are piloting a new format at this year's Just Food Conference. In addition to workshops, campaign sessions, panels, and keynotes both Sunday March 12th and Monday, March 13th, we will be using Monday's afternoon breakout session to host facilitated sessions specifically geared toward action-planning. Particularly in light of this current political climate, we feel an especially strong imperative to leverage the momentum that the Just Food Conference has historically generated, and channel it into opportunities for sustained, collaborative action. We hope that you can join us for both days and will contribute your voice, energy and ideas to Monday's action planning sessions.

Just Food, 114 West 47th Street, Suite C1-35, New York, NY 10036
Sent by [log in to unmask] in collaboration with
Constant Contact

--
ALISON CONFORTI
PROGRAM MANAGER