Dear Colleagues,

February has flown!  I write to remind you that the next NYC Media Seminar will take place next week on Wednesday, March 1.   PinarYildirim (University of Pennsylvania) will present “Social Media and Political Donations: New Technology and Incumbency Advantage in the United States.” Looking ahead, Lapo Filistrucchi (University of Florence) will join us on April 5.  The full schedule with links to papers is available here and here

As always, the sessions begin at 10am with coffee, followed by a 90-minute presentation and discussion.

If you did not join us in the fall, please note the new venue!  We meet at Google, 76 Ninth Avenue between 15th and 16th Streets.  Enter on the east side of Ninth Avenue near 15th Street (close to Starbucks).  Google’s security desk is on the fourth floor.  Because of tight security, it saves time if you RSVP on or before Monday January 30 to Lisa at [log in to unmask] or to Miklos at [log in to unmask].edu.  We can always accommodate last-minute participants, but if you think you might attend please let us know.

Seminars are held the first Wednesday of each month during the academic year.  The goal of the seminar is to link economists in the greater New York area working on media topics by providing a regular forum to connect with media research in economics, marketing and beyond.  The seminar is open to all researchers with access to New York City and draws speakers from across the US and abroad. The seminar is jointly organized by Lisa George at Hunter College and Miklos Sarvary at Columbia Business School and has been generously supported by the Columbia Media Program, the Associated Press and Google.

To stay informed about the series, register for the listserv by sending an email to [log in to unmask]ny.edu with SUBSCRIBE MEDIANYC-L in the e-mail message body (and nothing else).

Miklos and I look forward to seeing you next week!

Lisa George, Hunter College
Miklos Sarvary, Columbia Business School

To unsubscribe from the MEDIANYC-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(MEDIANYC-L,SIGNOFF);