M.S. in Health Outcomes and Informatics

We are a small program at a small private college that can offer a unique experience for your students. Students get a lot of one-on-one time with faculty and are mentored in research techniques. As a result, our students have had perfect success in having abstracts accepted and presented at international conferences, a benefit that many Master’s level students do not get to have.

The MSHI program prepares students to be successful in either pursuing a PhD or a job in the healthcare sector. Our students have gone on to fully funded PhD programs or fellowships at some of the top colleges and universities around the world (i.e. University of Houston, Baylor Medical, Johns Hopkins, etc.) and those choosing to enter industry have had tremendous success in the labor market, receiving offers from pharmaceutical and insurance companies, as well as public health departments.

We train our students to be successful by giving them the best possible education in quantitative analysis and computer programming, along with the basic tools in health outcomes and informatics.

Our students learn SAS and other computer programming skills and programs necessary for success at the next level. Students learn a variety of analytical techniques that prepares them to perform high-level statistical and regression analysis. We have two tracks, one a thesis track which is recommended for those students seeking to get a PhD and the other an industry practicum track for those seeking employment upon graduation. We seek to give as much individual attention to our students as possible.

Students with varied academic backgrounds and interests have been successful in our program. The student just needs an interest in quantitative analysis and applying that to healthcare.

Should you have any questions or have any students that would wish to speak to faculty in the program, please just let me know and I will be happy to facilitate this for you or your students. A campus visit can also be arranged should your student wish to see our campus and meet with faculty. I can be reached at (518) 694-7384 or by email at [log in to unmask]
.

Deadline to Apply for Fall 2017 is May 1

Office of Graduate Studies

Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences

(518) 694-7130