Preventing HPV-Driven Cancer: Increasing Vaccination Rates among Minority and Immigrant Populations
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Location: Zuckerman Auditorium (entrance 417 East 68th Street)
Time: 5-6 pm (refreshments 4:30-5 pm, lecture 5-6  pm)

Speaker: Abraham Aragones MD, Immigrant Health and Cancer Disparities Service, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Human Papillomavirus (HPV), the most common cause of sexually transmitted infection in the US, can lead to cancer of the cervix, anus, or oropharynx.  The HPV vaccine reduces risk of HPV infection and could prevent over 25,000 cases of cancer per year among US adolescents.  However, vaccination rates are suboptimal.  In this talk, we will discuss all aspects of HPV and examine programs that could increase HPV vaccination rates, particularly among minority and immigrant populations most burdened by HPV.

Email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to RSVP.  This talk is part of our new MSK Student Seminar Series, designed to create a learning community at MSK.