FIMRC Updates: March 2017

Summer International Health Fellowship
SIHF Fellow Reflections
SIHF enrollment is filling quickly! We had two SIHF Fellows revisit their experiences, and you can read both of them here! Allison traveled to Project Bududa in Uganda while Jesus spent his Fellowship at Project Huancayo in Peru. Anyone searching for a summer experience that will provide medical and cultural opportunities to grow should apply soon!

TLC: Treatment + Love = Cured!
Project Alajuelita, Costa Rica
Although our clinics provide primary care to our patients, special circumstances call for special treatment. Rigo suffered severe burns after an electrical fire, and only received treatment from the hospital for 15 days. Once released, the FIMRC team pulled up their sleeves to ensure that Rigo kept receiving proper treatment to be able to heal properly!

Internship Impact
Project Limón, Nicaragua
James Davis is currently serving as a FIMRC Intern in Nicaragua, and his project focuses on delivering a Sexpertos class for youth in the community. His topics have covered relationships, sex education, and general health practices. The impact this project has already been great in building relationships with the students and developing the capability to teach the lessons in schools!

Staff Highlight
Headquarters, Philadelphia
Caitlin Huber
Our newest addition to the HQ family is Caitlin Huber! Caitlin is not a new addition to the FIMRC family, as she has traveled to Peru twice through FIMRC, and also served on the Executive Board of her FIMRC Chapter at Georgia Tech. We're so excited to see her take over the position and continue to grow our volunteer base as well as our partnership base! Learn more about Caitlin in her intro blog post!

Volunteers of the Month
Project Restauración, Dominican Republic
Tami & Maeve Cassetty
Tami & Maeve are mother & daughter who traveled to FIMRC's site in the Dominican Republic! Tami is a physical therapist and Maeve is interested in pursuing medicine. They took advantage of this opportunity to volunteer together, and learn how public health integrates into different areas of medicine. We truly appreciate their dedication to improving health!

Copyright © 2017 FIMRC, All rights reserved.

FIMRC Connection - February 2017