This email is for students and alumni who are interested in a career in healthcare. I am reaching out about an exciting opportunity as we are looking to hire individuals that can work as Clinical Information Managers (CIMs) / Medical Scribes in our Emergency Departments. As an aspiring healthcare professional, our CIM position offers a unique opportunity to gain exposure to the clinical field. I would appreciate if you could pass along this information to your students! This is an outstanding opportunity for anyone who has aspirations to go to medical school, PA school, or nursing school and are looking for a gap year opportunity.

Emergency Medical Associates (EMA) is one of the most respected emergency department (ED) practice organizations in the United States and treats more than 1 million patients annually, while serving more than 30 hospital clients. The company is widely recognized for clinical excellence, as well as the ability to increase patient volume, turn around ED operations, and improve and sustain patient satisfaction.

The CIM works in an Emergency Department to provide clerical/administrative assistance to the ED physician and/or practitioners.  We prefer candidates who are interested in the healthcare field and have at least 100 hours working or volunteering in healthcare, and an academic background in sciences/pre-med classes. We currently have per diem, part-time and full-time positions available throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania (Lebanon), Rhode Island, and North Carolina!

Being a CIM provides you with a competitive advantage by placing you a step ahead in your career development. If interested in learning more about this exciting CIM position with Emergency Medical Associates, please visit our website at www.ema.net/cims. I have also attached some documents including the job description and location information.