Students:

As some of you know, we have purchased 35 tickets for students to see the Broadway play OSLO on Thursday, June 8 at 7pm as a special end-of-term treat.

The award-winning play tells the true and little-known story of Norwegian diplomat Mona Juul and her husband, Terje Rød-Larsen, who together coordinated top-secret peace negotiations between Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Palestine Liberation Organization Chairman Yasser Arafat in the early 1990s. Their efforts culminated in the signing of the Oslo Accords in 1993. It’s a fascinating true story about international peacemaking against all odds.

Read its review in the New York Times here.

We have also arranged a post-show talkback with members of the cast. The play is showing at the Lincoln Center-Vivian Beaumont (150 West 65th Street, between Broadway and Amsterdam Ave).

Please email [log in to unmask] RIGHT AWAY if you are able to attend with your name and EMPLID.  There are only a handful of tickets remaining, so act fast. If the event is full, you will be placed on our waiting list.

Note: we are prioritizing degree-seeking students for this opportunity.

These tickets are nonrefundable, so it is mandatory that you show up if you reserve a spot. We will expect you to arrive at the theater by 6:40pm on Thursday, June 8.

Thanks & Happy Summer!

Kelsey

--

Kelsey Adolphs

Program Associate

Human Rights Program

Roosevelt House Public Policy Institute at Hunter College

47-49 East 65th Street

New York, NY 10065

Phone: 212.396.7948

Facebook | Twitter

To unsubscribe from the HUMANRIGHTS-L list, click the following link:
https://HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU/scripts/wa-hc.exe?TICKET=NzM2NTExIEtKMTcyQEhVTlRFUi5DVU5ZLkVEVSBIVU1BTlJJR0hUUy1MIBhrB2pq2um%2B&c=SIGNOFF