Dear all,

This is a reminder that we are offering one section of MATH 10N02, Calculus for the Life and Physical Sciences, this fall. The course meets on MTh 1:10-3:00 and the instructor will be Tatyana Khodorovskiy.

This is a one semester calculus course designed for students that only require one semester of calculus for their major.  That would include Biology, Economics, Accounting, and Premed/health.  The course is very similar to Calculus I, MATH 150, but differs in the following ways:

1)  MATH 150 is designed as the first semester of a two-semester sequence, MATH 10N02 is designed as a standalone single semester of calculus.  So for example, exponential and logarithm functions will be in MATH 10N02 whereas they don't appear until Calculus II in the regular sequence.

2)  There will be a lot less trigonometry in MATH 10N02 compared to MATH 150.

3)  There will be more of an emphasis on applications and less emphasis on theory. The examples and word problems will be chosen with Econ, Accounting, and Bio majors in mind.    (Of course we will talk some about velocity and acceleration because you can't do calculus without talking about those things).

The prerequisites are the same as for MATH 150.

Students interested (and satisfying the prereq) can contact anyone in the math department office, or department advisor to get registration permission.