This email is a paid announcement being sent as a service to

The George Washington University.

Please direct your inquiries to them.

Becoming a Physician Begins at George Washington University!

The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences offers a Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medicine Certificate Program for medically-minded professionals who may have studied something different at the undergraduate level. Our collaborative, cohort style of education will give you the science background and personalized advising needed to be a competitive applicant to medical school.

Highlights of the program include:

  • Prerequisite coursework for allopathic and osteopathic medical schools, including:
    • Biology I and II, with laboratory
    • General Chemistry I and II, with laboratory
    • Physics I and II, with laboratory
    • Organic Chemistry I and II, with laboratory
    • Biochemistry
    • NEW: Introduction to Biochemical Pharmacology

  • All courses restricted to only Post-bac cohort students
  • A professional development seminar focused on medical school application, writing a personal statement, interview skills, and current issues in healthcare
  • MCAT preparation in partnership with Kaplan
  • Personal advising, including a committee letter of recommendation for medical school application
  • Assistance in securing healthcare-related volunteer, research experience, or other unique internships throughout the DC region
  • Linkage to GW's MD Program for qualified applicants

GW's Post-baccalaureate Pre-medicine Certificate Program is a structured, full-time program conducted at GW's Virginia Science and Technology Campus in Ashburn, Virginia, approximately 30 miles west of Washington, DC. The 36 credit-hour program begins in the summer and is designed to be completed in a 12-month period.

Applications are now being accepted for May 2018!

For more information about this program visit our website at smhs.gwu.edu/postbac-premed and register for our online information session on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 6 pm ET, by clicking on the button below.

To contact our Program Admissions Office, email at [log in to unmask] or call at (202) 994-8528.