Hello Hunter College Students!

We are excited to announce our support of the American Heart Association's Brooklyn Heart & Stroke Walk- the signature event in Brooklyn to raise awareness for the mission of building healthier lives free of cardiovascular disease and stroke.  We are excited to lead a new Hunter College team of volunteers and walkers for this year's event!
The Brooklyn Heart & Stroke Walk will take place on Saturday, October 21st at Cadman Plaza.  This is a 3 mile walk that brings out Brooklyn's schools, organizations, families, churches and corporations.  In addition to the walk component, there will be a festival with free fun activities including a "Heart-y Halloween" theme and a Kid's Zone.  Water and light snacks will be provided.  Participating teams have found this event to be exciting, fun, and beneficial, and we hope that you will join us for this great opportunity to bond with students, encourage a competitive team spirit and support a great cause - the American Heart Association.
We are recruiting for volunteers as well as walkers.  If you are interested in getting involved in either way, please register online by following the instructions below.  You will receive more information about the event over the next several weeks.
Registering is Easy!

1.    Visit the Hunter College team page here<http://www2.heart.org/site/TR?fr_id=2321&pg=team&team_id=277146&s_hasSecureSession=true>

2.    Click "Join this Team" on the left hand side

3.    Select "No"

4.    Enter your personal fundraising goal(leave blank or put zero)

5.    Follow the registration prompts

6.    Submit registration
Thank you & we are look forwarding to seeing you at the starting line!

Best Regards,

Brandie Engelberger
Director, Wall Street Run and Heart Walk
American Heart Association Founders Affiliate
www.heart.org/lifeiswhy<http://www.heart.org/lifeiswhy>

"Life is Great!" is why