ACERT Assessment Breakfasts
Assessment In STEM - Teaching Science Like a Scientist
Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Presenter(s): Malcolm Campbell (Biology, Davidson College)
Location: Charlotte Frank Room 1203HE

Help us plan, send your RSVP to [log in to unmask] Bring a friend!

There are two types of assessment – the kind you do for others, and the kind you do for yourself. This workshop will help you measure the impact of your courses on students. We will explore some common methods of assessment and give you hands-on time to develop your own strategy.

A light breakfast will be served.

Upcoming at ACERT :
Tuesday
Oct 10

12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
1203 HE
Lunchtime Seminars
Presenter(s): Malcolm Campbell (Biology, Davidson College)
 Are we doing everything we can in our classes to maximize student learning? In this workshop, Malcolm Campbell, Professor of Biology from Davidson College, will highlight evidence-based, active learning teaching methods that empower students to construct their own knowledge, better retain class information, and achieve success in our courses.[Details...]
Thursday
Oct 12

12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
1203 HE
Lunchtime Seminars
Presenter(s): Jeff Binder (CUNY Graduate Center), Andrew Demirjian (Film and Media Studies), Ricardo Miranda (Film and Media Studies)
 Humanities courses and scholars are typically not known for designing, creating, or using digital tools or programs for conducting research or teaching classes. The assumption is that “humanists don’t code.” Pushing back against this belief, the panel will present innovative research and pedagogical projects that incorporate computer programming and digital tools into the humanities classroom. [Details...]
Tuesday
Oct 17

12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
1203 HE
Lunchtime Seminars
Presenter(s): Maura Smale (Library, City Tech) & Mariana Regalado (Library, Brooklyn College)
 This presentation explores research on "academic taskscapes": the term encompasses the totality of students' experiences at CUNY, including perceptions of their schoolwork, locations where they work, the tools or support that are available to them, and the people they interact with along the way. [Details...]

Visit the ACERT site for a complete list of upcoming events.

Join our group on the Academic Commons.

To unsubscribe from the ASSESS-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(ASSESS-L,SIGNOFF);