Dear students, as you know we share our Silberman campus w the School of Social Work (SW). Each sem SW sets aside a day for workshops/lectures/activities and has an event called  COMMON TIME when no classes are held. This semester they are having this event next Wed., 10/18, from 10am-8pm. They would like to see our graduate Nutrition students attend their sessions. Next sem we can work w them to more fully integrate our participation.

I have not yet received their final schedule but take a sneak peak at some of the interesting workshops in their save the date email below and do try to participate. The 2nd years are on campus that day but I do hope the first years will be able to attend as well.

Please note—Nutrition classes are NOT cancelled on 10/18….but we would like you to take advantage of these workshops and attend. Thanks.

Khursheed P. Navder, PhD, RDN, FAND
Professor and Chair, Nutrition<http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/nutrition> Program
Director, School of Urban Public Health<http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/uph>, Hunter College
Room 502, Silberman Bldg, 2180 Third Avenue (at E. 119th St)
New York, NY 10035
(212) 396-7775 (Tel); (212) 396-7644 (Fax)

SAVE THE DATE: Common Time, Wednesday, October 18th

Theme: Resilience and Strength!

What?: Common Time is a day of workshops, presentations, lectures, and activities organized by the students with the intent of enriching our learning experience by filling in some of the gaps that our classes are not covering. Common Time is a student-lead event, and is being organized this year by Silberman's Gender and Sexuality Coalition. The theme for Common Time this year is "Resilience and Strength of Marginalized Communities".

We spend much time in the classroom focusing on privilege and oppression, so we wanted to take some time to recognize the wonderful contributions and strengths of otherwise marginalized communities.

Where?: Here at the Silberman campus

When?: Wednesday, October 18th, from 10:00am-8:00pm

How?: Students are allowed off from both field and classes to allow all to attend
      (***OYR students are not expected to take off regular work to attend, but are released from field requirements and classes)

...Here's a sneak peak of some workshops that will be included...
                 ...Human Sexuality with S.J. Dodd...
                 ...Licensing Prep...
                 ...Finding Safety: Working with Immigrants in a Hostile Climate...
                 ...Intro to Theater of the Oppressed...

Get excited for a fun-filled day of workshops and activities! Enrich your learning experience! Become a better social worker!